Dry skin can be difficult to manage as it requires special care due to its tendency to develop dry spots and the inability to retain sufficient moisture. Dry skin without adequate hydration can feel flaky, tight, and stretchy. In this post, we list what people with dry skin shouldn't actually do.
1. Using strong and harsh cleaners: Strong detergents have a scary list of ingredients. There are so many chemicals in them. This will make your dry skin feel tight and itchy after cleansing. Always use very mild cleansers that do not remove natural oils from your skin.
2. Too Much Alcohol Based Products: Alcohol in your skin care products is your worst enemy. It will dry your skin like nothing else. Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids. Always check the list of ingredients in the products. Less alcohol and less would be your dry skin problems.
3. Skipping Moisturizer: Dry skin is very sensitive and requires care and nutrition both in summer and in winter. Never forget to keep your whole body hydrated. Instead of using products loaded with chemicals, you can also use cocoa butter or shea butter to keep your skin hydrated.
4th Taking hot and long showers: Hot showers remove natural oils from your skin that are obviously drying out your skin even more. We all love those long winter showers with hot water, but it could be extremely dry for dry skin. If you absolutely must use hot showers, at least don't spend too much time under them. Before you shower, apply a layer of coconut or castor oil to relax and soothe your skin.
5. Excessive peeling of the skin: Excessive exfoliation will only irritate your skin more. Exfoliate only once or twice a week. Try using natural ingredients like honey and oatmeal to scrub your skin. Honey instantly provides immense moisture and oatmeal removes dead skin cells. A damaged skin barrier can also create more opportunities for allergens, irritants, and pathogens to penetrate your skin, he added.
6th After a low-fat or fat-free diet: How can we not mention the importance of omega-3 fatty acids in maintaining healthy skin texture and quality. Sometimes putting on all the moisturizers in the world still won't help with dry skinned beauties. Try including healthier oils like coconut oil, cod liver oil, or omega-3 eggs in your diet. People on a low-fat or fat-free diet often suffer from excessively dry skin. How To Get Healthy Fats Through Your Diet. By the way, you can also check out the diet programs in the Rati Beauty app to lose weight and improve the texture and quality of skin and hair.
7th Use razor: Oh yes, the fastest way to get rid of unwanted hair on your body is. But it will also be very irritating to dry skin. Shaving removes all of the essential oils from your skin and makes it really dry. Try to avoid it and if you can't, moisten it heavily after using a razor.
8.Skipping sunscreen: A sunscreen is a must for all skin types, including dry skin. Good, broad-spectrum sunscreen protects the skin from external factors such as strong sun rays, pollutants, and dryness and can alleviate many skin care problems that occur with dry skin.
9.Using scented skin care and makeup products: Makeup and skin care brands often add strong fragrances to make their products more attractive or to mask the unpleasant odor of active ingredients. It's usually made from synthetic chemicals and can irritate the skin, penetrate the skin, and alter hormones. Even natural fragrances from essential oils can irritate sensitive and dry skin. Pungent fragrances cause irritation, especially with dry skin, by damaging the skin barrier. Therefore, people with dry skin should choose their products carefully and completely avoid fragrances in all of their products.
10. Do not use face oils: A face oil is like an elixir for dry skin as it improves condition, reduces irritation, removes dry spots and locks in moisture. Coconut oil, apricot kernel oil, olive oil, and almond oil are excellent in oleic acid because they can penetrate deep into the skin and replenish moisture and moisture.
11. Without hyaluronic acid: This is another great ingredient for dry skin as it draws moisture into the skin from the external atmosphere. Here is the list of the 16 best hyaluronic acid-based products for all skin types.
12. No moisturizing serum in skin care: If you've used an alcohol-based toner in your skin care regimen, replace it with a moisturizing serum that deeply nourishes, plumps, and moisturizes dry skin.
13. Do not apply moisturizer to damp skin: When you apply the moisturizer to skin that is still damp, it is most effective at locking in moisture and making it easier to absorb. Make sure you apply the moisturizer while the skin is still damp for maximum hydration from the product.
14. Too much coffee: We all love a cup of hot coffee, but too much coffee can dry out the skin as it acts as a diuretic and removes extra water from the body. Limit coffee consumption to a cup or two a day and see how your skin doesn't feel as dry as it did before.
15.Using an abrasive towel to wipe your face: An abrasive towel can tear the natural oils from the skin, damaging the skin barrier, and making it dry and stretchy. Use muslin or a soft washcloth to blot water off your face.
16.Using Soap on Face: This is the biggest mistake dry skin can make – using low TFM (total fat) and high pH beauty soap can make dry skin much drier. Always use soap-free detergents to keep the skin soft and smooth.
Tips and Tricks:
• Minimize the use of soaps. Use the ones made for sensitive and dry skin.
• Apply the moisturizer when your skin is still damp to lock in moisture.
• Suppress the urge to scratch the flaky skin. It will only make it worse.
• Don't forget to wear gloves in winter. Hands and legs have the driest spots.
• Pat your skin dry and never rub it. Loofas should also be used cautiously.
• Use a good body moisturizer on your hands and legs.
12 secrets for clear skin
9 best hyaluronic acid serums to replenish moisture