Your weight loss efforts will get a big boost as you make positive and healthy lifestyle changes at every step. Sniffing around the gym for hours and cutting the calories off a great deal might prove unproductive if lifestyle factors are left unchanged. If you've made losing weight your number one priority, every small change and habit that would help achieve that goal matters. To help you shed extra pounds, we listed 24 things you did today that may be hindering weight loss.
1. You haven't seen the morning sun today: Many studies have linked vitamin D deficiency to obesity. Getting out in the sun every morning gives you a daily dose of vitamin D, which can speed up the fat burning process. Vitamin D3 not only makes bones strong and healthy, it can also reduce abdominal fat with enough vitamin D in the bloodstream when combined with Rati Beauty diets for weight loss and regular exercise.
2. There was not enough protein in any of your meals: Many fitness instructors, health experts, and dietitians recommend keeping protein levels high to help you lose weight. When you consume protein, it increases the levels of satiety hormones, reduces your appetite, and thereby also reduces the hunger hormone. This post is a list of the 17 cheapest food sources of protein in the grocery store.
3. You haven't had time to sip a single glass of water since the morning: When the body is dehydrated, various chemical reactions, including the fat-burning process, slow down. That is why it is important to drink at least 2 liters or more at least 8 glasses of water a day so that all processes in the body run smoothly. We often replace plain water with high-calorie fruit juices or soda, and instead of keeping the body hydrated, they often create excess calories that are converted and stored as fat in the cells. Lack of water also affects the release of human growth hormone (HGH), which binds to fat cells, breaking down and mobilizing stored fat. The activity of the enzyme "lipase", which is required for the metabolism of fat, also slows down with dehydration. Most of all, because the body cannot properly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals, we tend to confuse “thirst” for hunger and turn to food to curb hunger pangs and add unnecessary calories that are hard to burn at the end of the day are. When you wake up, drink a full glass of water and drink water throughout the day. Also, keep a bottle close at hand and refill it throughout the day.
4. You have completely avoided healthy fats during the day: Like carbohydrates and protein, fat is an essential macronutrient that is required in a percentage of 20% to 35% of daily calories. Fat is essential for the absorption of vitamins like A, D, and E because they are fat-soluble vitamins. Healthy fats do not trigger the release of excess insulin and slow down the process of fat storage. Read more about the list of healthy fats that can make you thin in this post.
5. Everything You Ate Was Low Fat: What most people do when they want to lose weight and eat healthily – remove all fat from the diet and choose all low fat and fat free! What we don't know is that being in a "low-fat and fat-free" condition can actually make your health worse. For decades we have believed that all "fats" are bad and can make you obese, raise cholesterol, lead to stroke and heart disease, and cause many other disorders in the body, but in reality. "Fat" was made the bad guy through false research. To lose weight and live a healthy life in general, you should consume the recommended intake of "good fat" and avoid "fat-free" products as most of them are high in sugar to offset the mild taste that happens when fat is torn away.
6. You Did Not Pay Attention to the Amount of Oil in Cooking: Even the healthiest oil (read “olive oil”) has calories, and if you go overboard with oils, the total calorie count can quickly increase. Keep track of the amount of oil that is in your food and it is easy to stay in the calorie deficit.
7. You were interested in sugar-free products: There is a big misconception that sugar-free products do not contain sugar. On the contrary, normal sugar is being replaced by artificial sweeteners, to which fillers are added to soften their intense sweetness. These sweeteners are often used in chocolates, candy, jams, jellies, dairy products, soft drinks, etc. to give them the “healthy label”. To reveal the truth, artificial sweeteners can still trigger insulin release, and frequent insulin spikes lead to insulin resistance that can put you in the pre-diabetic category. So switch to healthy alternatives and keep "sugar-free" products in the grocery store.
8. You love soft textured foods: Yes, the texture of food is very important when it comes to weight loss. First, it's pretty easy to overeat mashed potatoes, ice cream, peanut butter sandwiches, hummus, etc. because they're easy to swallow. Second, it would take the satiety hormone "leptin" a long time to send signals to the brain to stop, and by that point you would have easily added a ton of calories. Much of your diet should be made up of foods that you can chew really well.
9. You ate breakfast from a cereal box: If you've eaten a cereal bowl from a prepackaged box, assuming it is healthy, it is not! With lots of sugar, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives added to this box, it's an unhealthy breakfast choice. Choose a traditional Indian breakfast and if you have no idea please check out Rati Beauty's weekly diet programs.
10. They had probiotics in the form of a flavored Greek yogurt: Plain yogurt is great for weight loss as it feeds the healthy bacteria in the gut and balances important fat-burning hormones, but we can't do that for flavored yogurt, which is say high in sugar and artificial flavor .
11. You drank orange and apple juice first thing in the morning: It is always advisable to eat fruits in their raw form in order to keep the fine fiber content together with their minerals and vitamins intact. Once you've juiced the fruit, stop and eat it raw to get the fiber benefits as well. Fruit juices also increase insulin levels, which is not recommended first thing in the morning. Packaged juices, which are said to be made from real fruit, are high in sugar, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors that you would by no means consider "healthy".
12. You literally waited forever for the elevator: going up the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator can burn calories. So why wait for the elevator?
13. You ate while watching TV: Distractions while eating, such as watching TV or scrolling the phone, distract your attention from the types of foods you are consuming, and you might not be watching portion control or eating mindfully. These two factors are important in verifying how many calories are being consumed for weight loss to occur.
14. All of your meals had processed foods: These foods are high in sodium, sugar, trans fat, and high in calories that would be difficult to burn at the end of the day. Switch to clean and healthy eating like Rati Beauty weekly diets.
15. You have added artificial sweetener to your coffee / tea: Here's the truth: Artificial sweeteners can still raise insulin and increase appetite, leading to weight gain. Continued use of artificial sweeteners also affects the healthy bacteria in the gut, and a resilient gut is the real secret behind weight loss.
16. Ordered a nice sandwich for lunch: if the sandwich you just ordered has rich mayonnaise, cheese, and lots of other condiments, this wasn't a great lunch option. Mayonnaise is one of the most unhealthy foods because it's made from quite a bit of vegetable oil. Spend a little time preparing and preparing homemade food and your body will thank you forever.
17. I didn't like exercising because it was boring: exercise should not be viewed as a punishment, but should start slowly with low-intensity exercise, spending only 30 minutes, even brisk walking is enough. But enjoy the whole process while playing your favorite music.
18. Do you think you have loads of little goodies in your handbag: Okay, don't you think that a little piece of candy here and there would make a big difference to your weight? Think twice because eating something sugary can increase insulin levels and raise blood sugar levels. Excess insulin hormone in the blood can cause cells to store calories in fat.
19. You have a negative body image: The wrong attitude and negative body image can demotivate you and pull you off the weight loss cart. Do not have unrealistic expectations and work slowly and steadily towards your goal.
20. You barely got up from your chair / couch and it's already evening! Have you sat at your desk all day? Then listen, certain fat burning enzymes like lipoprotein lipase levels drop 90% when someone sits for an hour or more. So get up from your desk, move around, even the fidgeting of your legs is fine.
21. You treated yourself to a piece of cake after an hour of vigorous training: you spent two hours in the gym doing the most intense workout and now a reward seems well deserved. However, a high-calorie, sugary treatment can completely undo all of the benefits you've gained while exercising. Treat yourself to healthy post-workout meals like eggs and protein shakes instead of high-calorie ones.
22. You've given in to your sugar cravings: As we mentioned, sugary foods increase insulin levels, and as we all know, insulin is also a fat storage hormone, and if there are extra calories in the blood, insulin will make sure that these are stored as fat.
23. Have you eaten french fries in vegetable oil? This is a completely wrong combination. French fries are high in fat, and vegetable oil is rich in omega-6 fatty acids, which cause inflammation, which in turn leads to weight gain and cardiovascular disease.
24. Have you disrupted your body's circadian rhythm? Interfering with the body's circadian rhythm can lead to sluggish metabolism, weight gain, and an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. The circadian rhythm is an internal biological clock that you can use to control your sleep and wake cycle. Blue light from telephones and other devices can disrupt the body's internal clock, hinder the immune system, increase the stress hormone cortisol, lower fat burning hormones and increase the level of the hunger hormone "ghrelin". Keep phones and other devices off an hour before bed to increase melatonin production, and sleep like a baby for the rest of the night and wake up in the morning with a high metabolism.
21 tricks to increase your metabolism
10 Wonder Foods That Can Help You Lose Fat