For people who are dying to lose weight, it is more about what not to eat than what to eat. Just as it is important to eat healthy food, it is of paramount importance to avoid unhealthy food that can grossly twirl your weight loss boat and add more calories than the body can burn. Indeed, there are many foods that have the "healthy" label attached and hidden sugars find their way into everyday food, from everything to bread and sauces to breakfast cereals that have become our staple food. Throughout this whole "healthy and unhealthy" food web, we often look up to dietitians who are considered experts in nutrition and food. Also, most people want to know what nutritionists would advise on what to eat when trying to lose weight. In this post, however, we would list things that a nutritionist would never eat on their own for weight loss. To achieve weight loss, the emphasis should be on nutritious, low-calorie foods that keep your metabolism high in order to burn calories. Check out the Weight Loss Programs in the Rati Beauty App to Lose Weight by Eating Healthy. Now let's look at some of the foods that you should also avoid to lose weight and trim your waistline.
1. Multigrain bread made from refined flour: People often consider multigrain bread to be a better choice than white and black bread. But do you check the ingredient list for such breads? Some multigrain breads are made entirely from refined flour – the only thing everyone should avoid, even those who don't want to lose weight. Brown bread is a better choice if you definitely want to eat bread.
2. Sugar-free products: There is a big misconception that sugar-free products contain no sugar. On the contrary, regular sugar is being replaced with artificial sweeteners, which go through an extensive refining process and usually contain fillers to reduce their intense sweetness. These sweeteners are often used in chocolates, candy, jams, jellies, dairy products, soft drinks, etc. to give them the “healthy label”. To reveal the truth, artificial sweeteners can still trigger insulin release, and frequent insulin spikes lead to insulin resistance that can put you in the pre-diabetic category.
3. Packaged juices: It is always advisable to eat fruits in their raw form to keep the fine fiber content intact along with their minerals and vitamins. Packaged juices, which are said to be made from real fruit, are high in sugar, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors that you would by no means consider "healthy".
4. Granola: It is considered a nutritious cereal, but most of them are high in sugar and high in calories. Avoid them and switch to traditional Indian breakfast options like Idli, Poha, Paratha and many others.
5. Greek yogurt with fruits: Natural yogurt is great for weight loss as it feeds the healthy bacteria in the intestines and keeps important fat-burning hormones in balance. However, this does not apply to flavored yogurt with high sugar content and artificial flavors.
6. Soy Protein: Not all proteins are created equal and not all benefit from weight loss in the same way. For example, soy protein has phytates that prevent mineral absorption and can lead to mineral deficiencies that can halt the entire weight loss process.
7. Instant Noodles: Made with refined flour, preservatives, artificial flavor and flavor enhancers. It is not good for anyone.
8. Eating 0% Fat: There are bad fats and then there is good fat that can actually increase weight loss. If you avoid all sources of "fat" and opt for "0% fat", it is mostly loaded with sugar to make up for the lack of fat.
9. Fruits in sugar syrup: Buying ready-to-eat fruits in sugary syrup is like putting an end to your weight loss efforts. After all, you'd be eating more of that high-calorie, no-nutritional sugar syrup than the fruit.
10. Ready-to-drink coffee cans: brew your own coffee! Add coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk to sweeten things a little, but stay away from ready-made coffee beverages that are high in sugar.
11. Non-Fat Peanut Butter: Why Eat Peanut Butter When You Want To Get Rid Of The Healthy Fat In It? Eat peanut butter in moderation and choose the unsweetened regular peanut butter, not the fat-free version.
12. Potato Chips / French Fries: When certain starchy foods are cooked at extremely high temperatures, they develop a compound called "acrylamide" that can cause nerve damage and even cancer.
13. Oatcakes: Most packaged oatcakes, which are high in unsaturated fat and sugar, can ruin your weight loss efforts.
14. Black Bread: Check the ingredient list of your black bread to rule out additional Maida content.
15. Salads from Fast Food Joints: A plate of lettuce is any dieter's favorite food, but the ones you choose from fast food joints contain tons of sauces and condiments that are high in sodium, sugar and calories can increase.
16. Margarine: Margarine: Large numbers of people are fooled into believing that margarine is a healthy choice compared to regular butter because the former is said to contain less fat. But the truth is that vegetable oil margarine is whipped up with a good amount of transfat, and this is where the problem begins – many countries have started banning artificial transfat because it is linked to an increase in cardiovascular disease. Instead, opt for plain butter.
17. Diet Soda: While regular soda is loaded with empty calories high in sugar, the so-called healthier version is as bad as artificial sweeteners, which have been linked to an increased risk of high blood pressure and heart disease. While this type of soda claims to be low in calories, it still manages to spike insulin and trigger the fat storage process. Water is the best drink of all time and nothing can be as healthy as normal water.
18. Soft drinks: Complete no-no even if you don't want to lose weight.
17 Worst Foods Nutritionists Would Avoid Achieving Weight Loss
15 Trans Fats Foods You Should Avoid To Lose Weight Effectively