Checking out fad diets which promise 10 kg weight drop in just 5 days is equal to putting your overall health at risk which can eventually play havoc with the normal running of body functions. Just like how you didn’t put all on that excess weight overnight, you are not gonna lose it in three days or even in one week. Weight loss is a complex process which takes time to show results and one has to be consistent in following the right kind of diet, physical activity, high metabolism, good sleep, and low stress levels to see results at a faster rate. In fact, losing up to 2 kg in a week is considered remarkable. Relying on pills or medicines to lose weight can trigger a lot of health problems and loss of muscle tissue which can eventually give you a unflattering body shape, not the kind of weight loss you expected! In this post, we list out 10 things that influence how fast or slow you lose weight.
1. Choose the Right Diet Plan/Not the Fastest One: Weight loss should entail lifestyle changes, not consumption of fat-burning pills or crash dieting that would deprive the body of essential nutrients or cut out major food groups completely from the diet. Rati Beauty Weight Loss diets are perfect to lose weight because it provides the body enough nutrition and still puts the body in calorie deficit so that a person shed weight the healthy way.
2. Sluggish Metabolism: A good metabolism runs the show all the way when it comes to weight loss. Metabolism is the rate at which calories are burnt and converted into energy form by the body. If you have a sluggish metabolism, calories get converted into fat cells to be stored in the body rather than getting consumed for energy purposes. When no excess calories are left behind, weight gain does not occur. A healthy diet program, regular exercise, and avoiding junk food can shoot up the metabolism to a considerable degree. If someone’s metabolism is high, he/she will burn more calories even at rest!
3. Hormonal Imbalance: Hormones act as chemical messengers which relay messages to and fro – from the brain to the body cells and play a major role in important body functions including whether the body should burn fat or store it. Hormones such as cortisol, insulin, thyroid and several others determine whether extra calories should be stored or turned into energy form. Hormones are influenced by high stress, sedentary lifestyle, low-quality sleep, and wrong choice of food among a host of other factors. Once you correct these issues, losing weight would be a breeze.
4. Say Bye to Sedentary Lifestyle/Increase Physical Activity: Dieting and just one hour of exercise won’t do you much good if you lead a sedentary lifestyle and hardly move around during the rest of the day. Being a couch potato is not advisable in any case, even if you do not want to lose weight. It puts you at a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Jogging and morning walk, yoga, come highly recommended if you do not like high-intensity exercises. Also, surya namaskar, which is a cluster of several yogasanas, also helps to boost metabolism and keep your whole body active.
5. PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease): PCOD is a hormonal condition which affects women in the child-bearing age bracket where the body develops insulin resistance and impaired insulin function means more and more calories get converted into fat cells, and get stored particularly around the midsection. Facial hair, acne, uneven skin tone are just a few more common symptoms seen in PCOD. To alleviate symptoms of this syndrome and to lose weight effectively with it, cut down completely on sugar, increase physical activity, and avoid these toxic ingredients from your diet.
6. Sleep Routine: Good-quality sleep at night is probably the most under-utilized tool in weight loss. We often undermine the importance that sleep plays in improving metabolism, balancing out important fat-burning hormones, and in detoxifying the body. A good sleep shoots up the metabolic rate and low hours of sleep makes metabolism sluggish.
7. Low-Protein Diet: When we start our day with a high-protein diet, our hunger hormones get low, and we remain full for longer hours, without the urge to snack on unhealthy junk food. Check out Rati Beauty app for protein-rich diet options.
8. Amp up the Fiber: Soluble fiber through dietary sources keep the digestive system healthy and all the essential fat-burning hormones in balance. On an average, for weight loss to happen, a person should consume 30 gm of fiber per day. Fiber creates a feeling of fullness, keeps gut bacteria happy, and lowers stress levels – all factors essential for weight loss.
9. Deficiency of calcium, vitamin D, B12, iron, folate, and other nutrients: If you deprive yourself of nutritious food and essential minerals and vitamins, there wouldn’t be any weight loss after the initial water weight drop. Check out diet programs on Rati Beauty to lose weight the healthy way.
10. Come out of Starvation Mode: If one opts for crash dieting by severing limiting calories and opting for only salads and cucumbers to lose weight at a rapid rate, it’s not going to be a wise decision because you might stop losing weight after the initial few pounds. And that’s because once the body realizes there’s no food coming, it goes into a starvation body, by clinging on to its fat storage, and by lowering metabolism, preventing fat burn. Do not lower calorie intake beyond 1600 for adult women because beyond that significant weight loss does not happen.
Can Human Growth Hormone Help with Weight Loss and Fat Burning
15 Amazing Ways to Switch on your Fat Burning Hormones