When you have an important event or date with your crush, what would scare you the most? Yes, a huge pimple right on your face, most likely on your forehead or nose! In a desperate attempt to get rid of the pimple, one could try anything from toothpaste to baking soda, which in most cases could make the zit worse and further increase it! This post is going to teach you how to shrink a large pimple quickly.
What causes pimples on the skin?
Our skin has pores that connect directly to the oil glands under the skin. Small bags called follicles (from which hair grows) connect these oil glands to the pores. The sebum glands in the epidermis of our skin produce an oily substance called sebum. This fluid-like substance pushes dead skin cells through the follicles to the surface of the skin. When the follicles become blocked with dirt, bacteria, dead cells, and sebum, a pimple or acne develops. If the acne or pimple is inflamed, it leaves marks on the skin that are difficult to remove. Hormonal imbalance, comedogenic products, poor diet, nutritional deficiencies, PCOD, and not cleaning the skin well can all cause acne and pimples. Make sure you eat healthy and clean your skin thoroughly before bed to keep pimples at bay. It's also important to stay away from comedogenic products so as not to irritate and inflame the skin.
How to Shrink a Large Pimple Quickly:
1. Chamomile Tea Cold Compress: Chamomile tea is packed with benefits from boosting immunity to getting a good night's sleep. Brew a bag of chamomile tea and keep it in the refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes. Place this pouch on the pimple for a few minutes and repeat this process a few times throughout the day. Do not rinse. The soothing properties of chamomile reduce the size of pimples without irritating the skin.
2. Apply pure aloe vera gel to acne to soothe the irritation. If the inflammation is less, the pimple is less likely to leave marks
3. Make a pack by mixing milk with a whole nutmeg powder and a strand of saffron. Here is an in-depth post on how to make this effective face pack.
4. Make a paste out of fresh mint leaves and some oat powder. Add rose water and apply evenly to the face. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
5. Kaolin Clay and Rose Petal Mask: Kaolin Clay works as a great cleanser while thoroughly cleaning pores. White kaolin clay also exfoliates your skin easily, making it a great exfoliant for people with sensitive and acne prone skin types. It also cleanses the skin and removes any impurities. It is very kind to the skin and unlike multani mitti, which is a type of clay, it does not make your skin dry and it absorbs the oil from your face. Here's how you can make this mask from kaolin clay and rose petals.
6. Cold compress with green tea: The caffeine content in green tea constricts the blood vessels on the face and helps reduce inflammation and pimple sizes.
7. Tea Tree Oil With Orange Juice: Tea tree oil is one of the ancient remedies that can help treat acne and more. It contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat the acne spots easily. Orange juice helps soothe the skin, while tea tree oil helps clear clogged pores, thus treating acne. Mix tea tree oil and orange juice in a ratio of 2: 3 and apply to the face with a cotton ball. Let stand overnight and wash off with cold water in the morning.
8. Glycolic acid treatment with sugar and honey: This acid belongs to the group of alpha hydroxy acids. It's an extremely beneficial ingredient for the skin as it not only loosens the bonds holding the dead skin cells, but also evens out skin tone by exposing a new layer of skin from below. Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with 1 tablespoon of honey and apply directly to the face for the peeling properties of glycolic acid from sugar and the antimicrobial properties of honey.
9. Salicylic Acid Treatment: Salicylic Acid clears clogged pores by penetrating the layers of the skin. Get a good over-the-counter salicylic acid ointment prescribed by the doctor to significantly reduce the size of pimples.
10. Apple cider vinegar with water: Use a Q-tip to apply apple cider vinegar directly to the pimple. If your skin is sensitive, dilute apple cider vinegar with equal parts of water and only then apply it to the skin.
Best Aloe Vera Gels Available In India
Apply aloe vera at night to see what happens