I first heard of my vegan blogger friend Sunny from Vegan Beauty Review of the Athar & # 39; a Pure Indian Glow Face Scrub. She raved about it, so I knew I had to try. It turned out that she was right – this stuff is gold (literally … it's golden in color and figuratively … it's fantastic).
Athar & # 39; a Pure is a clean, organic skin care line inspired by ancient Eastern and Ayurvedic traditions. The founder, Sara Davoodi, based her line on the cosmetics that she had confused in her kitchen since childhood. When her family was affected by cancer, she began researching toxic ingredients and knew that she needed to start her own healthy skin care line.
The Indian Glow Face Scrub is a powder made from sandalwood, turmeric, neem, rice powder, oatmeal, kaolin clay, orange peel powder, linseed and guava fruit powder.
To use, simply add a few drops of water to 3/4 teaspoon of strength, apply to the face and massage in in circular movements. The instructions say I should rinse, but I left mine like a mask for about 20 minutes and then rinsed it out.
After rinsing, I was shocked at how smooth and clean my skin felt. I couldn't stop touching it (with clean fingers, of course!). It wasn't tight and dry at all. My skin is combination skin – rather oily – but often peels and masks with clay can become too dry, which can lead to irritation. The Indian Glow Face Scrub is perfect – not oily and not dry! It is perfect for all skin types. It has a slight herbal scent – nothing too crazy.
What makes this peeling a winner? Anyone can put some kaolin clay in a glass and sell it. But this peeling is so much more than that. Here are some highlights of the ingredients:
- Turmeric and sandalwood offer antibacterial and antifungal properties (ideal for fighting acne and reducing inflammation)
- Organic oatmeal soothes irritated skin (great peeling, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient)
- Organic brown rice powder balances the skin tone and fades dark spots (it also gives you a nice scrub that resembles the Daily Microfoliant from Dermalogica).
- Neem is excellent for treating and healing problematic skin such as acne, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis (it also has an antibacterial effect, fades scars, treats dry skin and stimulates collagen production).
- Orange peel powder contains a high amount of vitamin C to lighten your complexion, fight free radicals and renew skin cells (I am sensitive to vitamin C, but this was not a problem for my sensitive skin).
The peeling is vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, paraben-free and GMO-free. Athar & # 39; a Pure products are Leaping Bunny and PETA certified.
And if you needed another reason to try this vegan face scrub, Athar’a Pure will return part of the proceeds to plant moringa trees, build orphanages, and ensure that communities have access to clean water!
I can only recommend the cruelty-free Indian Glow Face Scrub. There are many other Athar’a Pure products that you may want to try. Check out skin care instructions by skin type to see what is recommended for YOUR skin. You can also take a quiz to see which dosha you fall under (I'm a pitta and a kapha).