In this post, we'd talk about foods that can potentially cause acne and breakouts in acne-prone and sensitive skin types. It is said that sensitive skin and skin types prone to acne are the most difficult to care for. If you suffer from breakouts frequently, it is advisable to avoid these foods that can trigger acne.
People with acne-prone skin should avoid eating chocolate because it contains high levels of fatty acids and sugar. A combination of fatty acids and sugar can produce sebum in the human body, which in turn triggers acne on the skin. I know that control over chocolate is one of the challenging tasks, but girls with acne prone skin have to do it.
2. Spicy food:
You should avoid eating spicy food as this food can increase the likelihood of an outbreak and can also cause boils and acne. If you love spicy food, you can often experience breakouts or boils on the skin. People with skin prone to acne should avoid eating spicy food, especially red cool and red cool puree or powder.
People with sensitive skin should say no to cheese as they cause acne on your skin. According to one study, people who had cheese in their normal diet had to deal with acne problems than those who did not.
4. Peanut Butter:
Peanut butter consumption is a big no-no for people who deal with acne every day. If you enjoy eating peanut butter on bread, make sure to change it with butter or jam. There are many side effects to eating peanut butter.
5. Fried foods:
You should choose homemade and healthy snacks rather than fried foods. After saying no to chocolate, you also have to resist fried foods. Decline a burger, fries, or other fried products.
Bread can cause inflammation and breakouts, especially white bread made from refined flour. Black bread with wheat as the main ingredient can contain soy and sugar, which can lead to acne on the skin.
It is said that you should not drink coffee because the caffeine it contains causes acne and breakouts on the skin. There is a certain organic acid in the coffee beans that promotes cortisol levels, which ultimately leads to acne production on the skin. Aside from that, consuming coffee can also lead to depression in one person.
8. Refined Flour / Maida: Refined flour increases insulin levels, which in turn triggers the production of androgen, which leads to high sebum production and acne.
9. Dairy Products: Protein casein is found in most dairy products, and casein can release a hormone called IGF-1, which often causes breakouts
10. Ajinomoto: Monosodium glutamate or ajinomoto, as it is popularly called, is a common ingredient that uses noodles to improve taste and is not good for your health, hormones, and even your acne situation. It is better to avoid this completely in the diet.
11. Omega-6 fatty acids: Omega-6 fatty acids are good, but only in moderation, and people often confuse omega-6 fatty acids with omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-6 fatty acids, which are often found in vegetable oils, seed oils and dairy products, increase the level of inflammation in the body and cause acne.
12. Potato Chips: Fried foods like chips can lead to acne as they also cause inflammation.
13. Soda: If your skin shows cystic acne, it is most likely due to the endless cups of soda that you swallow. It's best to avoid soda, cola, and all other carbonated drinks to avoid acne.
14. Refined Sugar: Refined sugar would not only cause an accumulation of calories, but can also cause inflammation on the skin and breakouts.
Quick tips for people with acne prone skin:
• You should include more fresh vegetables in your diet.
• Try to include sprouts in your breakfast.
• Wash your face regularly and avoid overeating.
• Drink lots of water
• Include fresh juices in your diet.
Dos and don’s to prevent acne breakouts
Your food guide for calm acne breakouts
How to stop monthly outbreaks
How to prevent and deal with chin acne
DIY avocado, honey and yogurt face pack for dry and sensitive skin
A healthy skin care for oily, sensitive skin
My Skin Care – Oily, sensitive skin prone to acne