Hair conditioners are absolutely essential to keep your curls moist and frizzy. If you do not use a hair conditioner after washing, you will find out how badly your hair can behave. Skipping the conditioner is one of the main reasons why most women have bad hair days! If you're worried about chemicals and preservatives in in-store hair conditioners, you wouldn't mind trying out some of the simplest homemade hair conditioner recipes with the ingredients available in your kitchen. Here is an article dedicated to all DIY lovers of hair conditioners!
Why use a hair conditioner?
1. Hair conditioners help condition your hair, making it soft, smooth, and shiny.
2. Hair conditioner would help prevent hair loss.
3. Hair conditioners improve the look of your hair by improving the texture of your curls.
4. Conditioning agents can be of various types and can be classified as follows:
- Moisturizers These conditioners are primarily moisturizers that moisturize your hair to keep it soft.
- Detanglers- These agents help smooth the cuticles, making your hair less prone to tangles.
- Acidifier They help seal the cuticles and strengthen hair ties.
- Antistatic They help you fight away flying hair.
- Glosser– They are mainly based on chemicals and make your hair shine.
- Reconstruction means They help repair damaged hair.
5. Hair conditioners are not necessarily the ones you use as a follow-up after washing your hair. You can use them both before and after washing your hair.
6. Leave-in conditioners can be applied to the hair after washing the hair without having to be rinsed off. They help fight frizz, prevent breakage, moisturize hair and relieve dryness.
7. Can smooth frizziness.
8. Moisturizes and moisturizes the hair.
Homemade conditioners with kitchen ingredients – why use them?
- They are inexpensive.
- No additional preservatives, dyes or parabens.
- Can be made with ingredients that are available at home.
- They are free from harmful chemicals.
- You can adapt them to your needs and preferences.
- They give you a pleasure in creativity.
Homemade hair conditioner with kitchen ingredients: before the shampoo
Egg yogurt conditioner: Mix a raw egg with three to four spoons of yogurt. Add a spoonful of juice to a freshly squeezed lemon. Mix well. Apply to the hair. Wait at least 40 minutes. Shampoo. This conditioner can be described as a combination of a "glosser" and a "reconstructor".
Avocado mayonnaise conditioner: Mix avocado (1/2) with a small glass of mayonnaise. Mix well. Apply to the hair and put a shower cap on. Leave on for 30 minutes. You can also do a hot towel treatment. Shampoo out. This offers deep conditioning treatment.
Fenugreek-Coconut Oil Conditioner: Take some coconut oil and cook a handful of fenugreek seeds in it. Massage your scalp and hair with the mixture. Leave it on for a few hours, preferably overnight. Shampoo your hair. This treatment helps keep hair soft, make your hair strong and healthy. However, avoid this conditioning treatment if you have an oily scalp.
Homemade hair conditioner with kitchen ingredients: after shampoo
Banana honey conditioner: Crush a banana and add half a cup of honey. Cover your damp strands of hair with the mixture. Wait some time and wash it off. You need to be patient as it takes some time for the banana to be completely removed from the hair. It acts as a humectant and moisturizes your hair.
Rinse apple cider vinegar: Add 3 or 4 spoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water. Use as an after-shampoo rinse. A perfect way to care for your hair naturally and easily.
Mint conditioner: Boil some fresh mint in 2-3 cups of boiling water and then strain. Let it cool down. Use it as a shampoo after the shampoo to refresh your hair and scalp.
Tea rinse: Boil the tea leaves in water. Filter out the leaves and let them cool. Use it as a post-rinse. It makes the hair shiny and smooth.
In fact, DIY hair conditioner recipes are very easy to prepare. All you have to do is understand your requirements and then look for the available ingredients that suit your purpose. Experiment is the key word. The ingredients and their proportion must be adjusted by experimenting with the same and your needs. Be patient as these do-it-yourselfers take some time to show their results.
Homemade hair growth oil to prevent hair loss
20 best homemade hair packs
Homemade hair packs for dry, damaged hair
7 homemade hair splits remedies
Homemade coffee and honey serum
Hair Care: Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack