When someone decides to go on a weight loss mission, most of the time he does everything he can – from giving up junk food to incorporating physical activity and exercise into everyday life. Unfortunately, some people don't see positive results when weighing, even after extreme measures. In such situations, an additional boost in the form of herbs would not only help significantly in losing weight, but also in improving overall health. There are some really amazing herbs that can do a lot to improve metabolism and promote fat loss. We have compiled a list of 45 herbs that you can choose for weight loss and health. Studies and research have shown that these herbs can improve the body's metabolism, strengthen immunity and reduce inflammation, which leads to faster calorie burning and faster weight loss.
How herbs work in relation to weight loss:
1. Certain herbs act as diuretics, which means that they remove the weight of water from the body and help relieve water retention, bloating, and swelling.
2. Some herbs are thermogenic because they increase body heat. This increase in temperature increases enzyme activity and metabolism, which in turn accelerates fat burning.
3. Fat Burning – Some herbs have fat burning properties (Lioplysis), which means that they can oxidize fat and increase muscle mass.
4. Reduce appetite – yes, you heard it right! Some herbs are extremely effective in combating hunger attacks because they act as an appetite suppressant.
5. They are also a rich source of antioxidants that help flush toxins out of the body and protect us from metabolic disorders that can lead to slow calorie burning.
6. By increasing the metabolic rate, because once the metabolism is higher, the rate at which calories are burned increases significantly.
7. Reduces stress.
8. Stabilizes and regulates blood sugar levels.
9. Put the body in a state of high fat burning.
Side effects of taking herbs:
Although herbs are completely natural, they can have mild to severe side effects when overdosed. Check with your doctor before adding herbs to your diet. Here are some of the most common side effects of taking herbs:
1. Electrolyte imbalance due to the lack of vitamins and minerals in the digestive system.
2. Can cause headache.
3. Dehydration – Excessive use of diuretics can lead to extreme water loss and dehydration.
4. Insomnia – can change the sleep pattern and cause sleep disorders.
5. Rashes, inflammation.
6. Nausea, vomiting
8. Difficulty concentrating, fatigue.
50 herbs for weight loss and health
1. Black Cohosh – This herb contains fucinoleic acid with estrogen-like properties that relieve menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings and night sweats.
2. Echinacea – Although it is a native North American coneflower, it is classified as an herb and its flowers, roots and leaves are used in traditional medicine. It is used to boost the immune system, treat urinary tract infections, relieve skin inflammation and rashes, reduce joint and muscle disorders, and most importantly, it is a good antibiotic.
3. Feverfew – This flower is also known as medieval aspirin because it helps with migraines and headaches and relieves chronic joint pain, fever and cough. It is also very good at reducing stress and anxiety.
4. Garlic – Increases metabolism, anti-inflammatory, detoxifies the body, strengthens the immune system, protects the heart, lowers cholesterol, supports digestion, reduces cold and cough symptoms.
5. Ginger – It is an amazing thermogenic food that increases body heat and helps the body burn fat. It reduces the risk of cancer, reduces stress and strengthens immunity.
6. Ginkgo biloba – This herb reduces the risk of cancer and nervous disorders. Stimulates blood circulation
7. Forskolin – Promotes fat loss, increases thermogenesis and increases muscle mass.
8. Milk Thistle – Controls cholesterol and reduces the risk of diseases such as cancer and diabetes. Also has anti-aging benefits. Promotes weight loss.
9. Pysllium – Psyllium husk is made from the seed husk of the Plantago Ovato plant. Rich source of fiber, helps treat diabetes, promotes gut health, keeps you full, bulky, and lowers LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol).
10. Guggul Herbal Extracts: Guggul gum contains guggulsterone, which lowers cholesterol and prevents the accumulation of fat. It regulates the metabolic rate in the body.
11. St. John's wort – Acts against cancer, fights anxiety and depression and lowers blood pressure. Helps with weight loss. Relieves PMS symptoms and strengthens the immune system.
12.White Willow – Reduces inflammation in the body as the salicin enzyme converts to salicylic acid and reduces inflammation and pain. The phenolic glycosides also relieve inflammation.
13. Coffee – Caffeine stimulates lipolysis or the fat burning process by increasing catecholamine levels.
14. Elderberry – Strengthens the immune system and helps you lose weight. Lowers cholesterol, regulates blood sugar. Promotes healthy bones.
15. Prickly pear cactus – strengthens the immune system, helps with weight management, reduces the risk of cancer and diseases of the coronary arteries.
16. Spirulina – Acts as an appetite suppressant. Has a high protein content and ensures that you feel full for a long time. Is counted as a superfood because it supplies the body with many nutrients.
17. Moringa – Anti-inflammatory, strengthens the immune system, balances hormones. Counted as superfood. Detoxifies the body and clears the water retention. Regulates sugar and insulin levels.
18. Basil / Mint – Improves digestion, anti-inflammatory, fights depression and anxiety. Increases immunity.
19 Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is a root herb that is widely used in traditional Indian medicine because it improves energy, boosts metabolism, strengthens the immune system and reduces stress. It is also a great source of antioxidants that flush toxins out of the body.
20. Ginseng – Great antioxidant, helps you lose weight, improves blood circulation and energy levels.
21. Green Tea – Everyone is aware of the benefits of green tea, has a high antioxidant content, reduces water retention and water weight.
22. Dandelion – Mild diuretic, lowers cholesterol. Improves fat metabolism, lowers cholesterol.
23. Fenugreek – appetite suppressant, lowers cholesterol. Regulates blood sugar levels and insulin peaks.
24. Kelp – Regulates blood sugar, anti-inflammatory, detoxifies the body and is rich in antioxidants.
25. Green coffee – Rich source of antioxidants, promotes metabolism to burn fat, appetite suppressant, lowers blood sugar.
26. Giloy – Increases immunity, improves digestion, regulates blood sugar and reduces anxiety.
27. Punarnava – Acts as a diuretic and regulates blood sugar levels. Helps you lose weight.
28. Fennel – Rich in antioxidants, detoxifies the body and is high in fiber.
29. Honeysuckle – honeysuckle flowers reduce inflammation, relieve stress and anxiety.
30. Hawthorn fruit – Relieves anxiety, lowers bad cholesterol, is rich in antioxidants, boosts metabolism – burns fat.
31. Oolong tea – regulates insulin levels, burns twice as many calories as green tea, strengthens the immune system and metabolism.
32. Spearmint – Works amazingly well to control PCOD symptoms and boost metabolism.
33. Peppermint – Reduces appetite, strengthens the immune system and relieves gas. Reduces stress.
34. Triphala: Lowers cholesterol, reduces inflammation and strengthens immunity. Reduces the risk of cancer and bacterial infections.
35. Lemon Verbena – Helps you lose weight, strengthens the immune system and reduces appetite.
36. Turmeric – Thermogenic foods, several studies have shown that turmeric helps burn fat, boost metabolism, and also act as an antioxidant that flushes out toxins from the body.
37. Gymnema sylvestre – Also called "Madhunashini" in Hindi, it helps regulate blood sugar levels and helps you lose weight. Prevent overeating, suppresses appetite. Helps you lose weight.
38. Garcinia cambogia – It is also known as Malabar tamarind and is rich in hydroxycitric acid, which increases fat metabolism. Also acts as an appetite suppressant.
39. Hydrangea root – This root smoothes the ragged ends of kidney stones. Promotes kidney and bladder health.
40. Horsetail – Maintains kidney health. Strengthens the immune system, regulates blood sugar levels.
41. Celery root – diuretic herb, maintains kidney and bladder health. It reduces water weight and water retention.
42. Rosemary – It strengthens the immune system, rich in B vitamins, contains healthy fats. It also reduces the risk of cancer. Has diuretic properties, detoxifies the liver and is anti-inflammatory.
43. Haritaki – It is an amazing herb that prevents cold and cough, prevents hair loss and dandruff. It also prevents diabetes, strengthens immunity and aids in fat loss.
44. Cayenne pepper – It was developed by Dr. Ax popularized in its weight loss drinks. Cayenne pepper is a thermogenic food that stimulates the metabolism.
45. Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera juice in combination with lemon juice can boost your metabolism and promote weight loss. Aloe vera juice with ginger and green tea can also be used in the morning to effectively lose weight. Aloe vera regulates blood sugar levels, is rich in antioxidants that flush out toxins and detoxify the body.
How to use aloe vera gel for weight loss
10 best herbal pills for weight loss